Unanet has timesheet features and functions that directly support the DCAA timekeeping requirements stated in the Automated Timekeeping Systems section of the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) regulations and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
Note that DCAA requires that the timekeeping process, collectively including policies, manual procedures and tools be compliant; timesheet software alone is not audited for compliance or certified, nor approved as DCAA compliant. However, Unanet timesheet software has been reviewed by auditors at hundreds of customer sites and, along with the customer policies and procedures, approved as supporting DCAA timekeeping requirements.
Unanet timesheet software makes implementation of the DCAA regulations easy and efficient. Here is a small sampling of the DCAA regulations supported by Unanet:
- Employees charge time to authorized, open projects
- An employee access their timesheet through a secure password
- Employee records are viewable and there are auditable comments for any timesheet change
- Supervisors approve the entire timesheet
- All time must be reported (total time accounting)
- Administrators monitor delinquent timesheets
Learn more about how Unanet timesheet software can help support DCAA timekeeping requirements!
For information on controls checked during a DCAA audit please refer to publication 7641.90 titled, “Information for Contractors,” or contact the Defense Contract Audit Agency at the address below:
Defense Contract Audit Agency
ATTN: Policy Auditing Standards Division (PAS)
8725 John J. Kingman Rd., Suite 2135
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060-6219
(703) 767-3234 (FAX)
by Kim Koster
Feb 04, 2019